This course is designed and customized for client’s specific needs in regards to handling hazardous materials. Hazardous energies are considered here as one of the main focal points of this course.
- Why is it important to receive Refresher Spill Response training?
- Training and refresher requirements.
- Review of hazard communication program, materials business plan and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Regulation review & emergency notification procedure.
- Evacuation plans and procedures.
- Specific Emergency Procedures.
- Emergency response plans and procedures.
- Decontamination procedure.
Hazardous waste overview
- Toxicology review special hazards of chemicals and routes of exposure.
- Proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Location and proper use of Spill Equipment.
- Safe methods of handling and storage of hazardous materials.
Hands on Exercise
- Spill Response Pre-checks.
- Demonstration of Spill Response.
- Decision making capabilities.